Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Season 3 Episode 7: Love Sick

Malo!

Just a quick email about this week because not a lot happened! 

We were able to baptize our investigator Puna on Saturday! That was super spiritual. Honestly, Puna is such a solid member of the Church. It has been so humbling to see the Lord work with her since the time we have met. I was blessed to be able to baptize her. I am so happy and humbled to see the change that has occurred in her.

Also, Yesterday which was apparently Valentines day I woke up very sick. I had a super bad fever, my stomach was in knots and I was frequently using the bathroom! I woke up today and it was gone so that was a big blessing!

Other than that, I can't complain about anything. Love the work, Love the area, Love the people! Really trying to work on my Samoan. I honestly can barely understand a thing out here! That is probably the most frustrating thing is not being able to understand/communicate. But, I know the Language will come. Even if it takes me two years lol! Who knows maybe I will be the only missionary that doesn't learn the language! Jokes!

OHHH!!! We have two baptisms this Saturday! Fanupo and Sina. Fanupo is 17 and every time we finish the lesson I just see this relief in his eyes. Like the gospel is giving him relief! Which is what it is supposed to do! Sina is the one we are waiting for the marriage! She is going to get Married Saturday morning and baptized Saturday afternoon! Love seeing people take these steps to get baptized! Even if it is marriage lol! Love these people to death you guys!

Hope you are all doing well! I love you all so much and am always praying for you guys! By the way I hit my 7 month mark two days ago! What the what! Still a very long way to go! Don't care though because this is a once in a life time opportunity!

Love,
 Elder Barton

P.S.
Something super frustrating that happened this week was a pastor from a different church forbade one of our investigators from taking the lessons.... You have no idea how upset I was when I heard this. Especially because Aso Fiku church loves collecting money from there members. Money is the root of all evil. I can't talk to much about it because I have a flaming rage in my heart when I think about it. Why would you listen to someone who restricts your beliefs??? AHHHHHH


Something about Samoans lol

Elder Shum year mark

Baptism of Puna 1

Baptism of Puna 2 (Yes, I know we can't take pics like that but, the person who I gave my camera too did it anyway),

Burning Elder Shums shirt for his one year mark

Some peeps from the ward

Another peep from the ward

Elder Shum Being Elder Shum

No comments:

Post a Comment