Sunday, February 11, 2018

Season 6 Episode 10: He Gladly Accepts

Malo Soifua!

Hey fam, hopefully you all had a great week! This week was pretty awesome and was filled with some very tender mercies from the Lord. Earlier this week the Ap's called us asking us for reports and when it came to tell them about our area we told them that we had four baptismal dates but, all four of them were getting baptized in a different area. They ended up telling us that us as Zone Leaders we need to have an example area for all of the missionaries because all of them are looking up at us. After that I was feeling quite down because I felt like I was working so hard but, things weren't turning up. Anyway, that very day one of the Elders called us from our Zone and told us that they have a referral for us. So, we went and contacted the referral and found out his name was Fonotaga. We asked him if he would like to go the the visitors center. He said yes and we ended up going. The tour went really well and it was really spiritual. We were reading from the Book of Mormon and at the very end we invited him to be baptized and he agreed! I was so grateful to my Father in Heaven for answering my prayer of providing with someone in our area to be baptized but, to be honest I wasn't expecting him to answer us that quickly. But, it really built my testimony even more that God truly is preparing people for us to teach we just need to remember him and how powerful he really is. 

Yesterday, we had like the exact same thing happen to us as what I explained above. We got a referral from a returned missionary. Went and contacted him, his name is Suki, took him to the Visitors center and invited him to be baptized and he accepted. He said "Ou ke kalia ma le fiafia" which basically means he gladly accepts. Man, I am just really grateful for these two miracles I have seen and been able to be apart of. It just keeps building my firm testimony that God is so mindful of those who have not yet come back to him through the waters of baptism. It truly is such an incredible thing to be a part of his work here in Samoa where all people believe in God and are so kind.

We also had a super powerful meeting with the President of our mission and all the missionaries in the Zone about the Book of Mormon. We watched to church films about the Book of Mormon. One was this project they did where they went around and selected 531 different people and gave each one of them one page of the 531 pages of the Book of Mormon and they read it and afterwards just recorded their thoughts about what they read and then the other one was about everything that has come to pass because of the Book of Mormon and it had "Come, Come ye saints." Afterwards I was able President asked me to share my testimony about the Book of Mormon and the importance of all those we are teaching right now. I can't really describe but, I just had this burning feeling in my chest as I opened my mouth testifying of the Truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and how incredibly important these lost sons of daughters of God are to him and how important they should be to us. It was such an incredible feeling and I wanted to share that with you guys. I have such a incredibly strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and its truth and divinity. It truly does Re throne Jesus Christ. I pray that you all are reading The Book of Mormon each day! I promise you all that it will make such a difference in all that you do! The thing we do here in our mission is as soon as are alarm goes off, we say our prayer, wash our face, brush our teeth and then go read the Book of Mormon for and Hour for the first 40 minutes we just read and study and then the last 20 minutes we focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. President has promised us that if we do this, we will have a much more powerful day and such and easier time avoiding sin! I can testify that it is true and I invite you all to do it as well! It doesn't have to be an hour but, just read the Book of Mormon! 

I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week! Hopefully you are all doing well! Just remember "I am the Light and the Life of the World." 3 Nephi 11:11! He is the Light and the Life! Have a great week!

Elder Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment