Monday, September 19, 2016

Season 2 Episode 4: Building the Kingdom

Talofa lava!

Well another week has passed and we are already heading into the fifth week out here in Samoa! Crazy! This week was a really good week! We were able to get a few new potential investigators and Sina and Fo'i are progressing! Sina is already a member but, she doesn't know anything about the Church but, she loves it! Her husband is a little shy and leaves the lessons sometimes so we are going to focus on him this week and try and get a baptism date set with him! 

We were also able to work with Niko this week! He is a member here in Pavaiai and he just got back from his mission in the Philipines 11 months ago. He is a super big help! He gave us a lot of tips and it helped us out for the rest of the week! 

A lot of the people in our area are less actives. I think we have a total of 563 members but, only 160ish are coming to church! So we are also focusing our efforts on reactivating members! A lot of work needs to be done here! We also were able to call some ward missionaries and we are starting to work with them this week so by the time we leave there will be a good foundation for the next set of missionaries! 

Overall we had a really good week! We are working hard everyday and this week gave us some extra motivation! So hopefully this week is even better!

*Story Time*
So, on Wednesday the day was coming to an end and we were talking to some other Elders who were passing by our area and out of no where my leg started to hurt. I thought that is was just a bruise and when we got back to the house I decided to take a look. It wasn't a bruise. I still have no idea what it is because no one can give me an answer! Anyway, It is some type of lump with a small little hole at the top and it has gotten worse each day haha. Yesterday I was finally able to get some Antibiotics for it. So hopefully that will help because it hurts pretty bad, especially walking around on it all day! I will send some pics! Don't worry though I am sure it will be fine! (Praying it will be)

Anyway that is the most interesting thing that happened this week. I hope all is well in Utah! I hope you each are doing well! I miss seeing you guys haha. But, like I have said before, I know this is what I am supposed to be doing and where I am supposed to be! I love it here though! The language is still really tough. I still don't really understand anything that is happening haha! The only choice I have is to give it time haha! Anything cool happening back in the States?  Let me know! Have a great week! Keep praying and make sure you are all reading the Scriptures! Love you all!

Elder, Barton

*Scripture of the week* 
Omni 1:26


No comments:

Post a Comment