Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Season 2 Episode 8: Lost Cause

Malo Soifua!

Well, to report on last week, we were never able to meet with Toa this week because the time we visited he was hungover and asleep. That was pretty disappointing but, we set up an appointment for this Thursday and we are still praying he will receive an answer to his pray! 

This week we experienced a lot of appointments falling through. It was pretty tough so a lot of this week was knocking doors trying to find people to teach. Although, we did have a pretty neat experience this week while teaching one of our investigators Rina. Rina is actually from Texas and she is just visiting her family here until this Friday. When we first contacted her I really didn't think our lessons were going to go anywhere and didn't have a real big desire to teach her. Well, we were teaching her Lesson 2: The Plan of Salvation on Friday and for some reason that was one of the most powerful lessons we have ever had. Everything she was talking about before we introduced the lesson related to the Plan of Salvation! At the end of the lesson we asked her if she would get baptized and she told us that she wasn't going to say yes and she wasn't going to say no. We told her to pray about it and see if this was the path God wants her to take. We go back this Wednesday to see if she got an answer and then we will contact the Texas missionaries to finish her lessons. 

I learned a pretty important lesson that day. I should never think someone is a lost cause. Everyone deserves a sincere chance to hear and live the gospel. It was selfish on my part to think that she wasn't "Ready". That was about it for this week. Not a lot happened but, I learned a lot.

This week we have an Island Conference and one of the Seventy is coming to talk to us so that is pretty exciting! I will be able to see a lot of missionaries from my intake so it should be pretty good!

I hope you guys had a little bit more exciting week than I did! I miss you guys and like I always say, I am always praying for you! Keep saying your prayers, reading the scriptures, and doing the small and simple things. In the end those small and simple things are going to strengthen our testimony the most! Alofa Aku Aiga!

Elder Barton










No comments:

Post a Comment