Monday, October 24, 2016

Season 2 Episode 9: Investigators

Malo Soifua!

This week on Tuesday, we were able to meet as a whole Island and have and Island Conference with Elder Nielsen of the Seventy. The Conference lasted for six hours and it was a really motivating Conference. He talked about a lot of things that were really helpful but, I think my favorite thing he talked about was how this mission is going to be a foundation for the rest of our lives and the more dedicated we are to this mission the stronger our foundation will be. Elder Nielsen and his wife are both incredible teachers and it was a really good meeting and it was nice to see all the missionaries on American Samoa!

I know I have been lacking on including info. about our investigators and I am sorry haha! As of right now we have 8 investigators, 3 of which are progressing. (We count them as progressing if we taught them during the week) The 3 Progressing investigators are Pete, Pei, and Lono(New)

Pete: I included him in the last email. We are still teaching him but, we are trying to decide what to do with him. He is really enjoying our lessons and he is reading the Book of Mormon but, he hasn't prayed about what we are teaching. We keep telling him the importance of prayer and what role it will play in his conversion and for some reason he keeps telling us that he just hasn't had the time. So, this week we are really going to focus on that and try and get him to pray about the Book of Mormon.

Lono: Lono is our new investigator and we were only able to teach her because Elder Tiatia lived with her son Nu'u back in St. George. Crazy right? After first she was rejecting us and the Elder Tiatia just said that he knew her son and the rest was history haha. At first she thought we worshiped Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon but, by the end of the lesson we had cleared that problem up and now we will be going back this week to teach the Plan of Salvation.

Pei: I am pretty sure I have talked about Pei before as well. We haven't been able to meet with her in awhile because she has been super busy but, we were finally able to meet with her this week. We just went over the first lesson and addressed some of her concerns. Her biggest problem with the Church is that our Bishops don't have to go to school to become a Bishop. It was a really weird concern but, we explained to her how Bishops are called and the role they play in the Church and she ended up understanding. We have a really good feeling about Pei and we are thinking about setting a baptismal date with her this week!

I was also able to do a baptism this week! It was a rebaptism though! Sister Ausage was baptized in Savai'i a long time ago and somehow her records got lost. So we had the chance to teach her all the lessons again! We were super grateful that she was so willing to be baptized again because apparently out here if you loose someones records there is a very high chance that they will be offended and won't want to be baptized again... super weird, I know. Anyway, I'm sorry Mom but, I didn't get a picture with her. I honestly don't know why but, we have Fafaga with her on Saturday so I will get a picture with her then! I was super grateful that I was able to do the baptism. It was a really cool experience.

That is about it for this week! I hope that was enough detail lol! I hope you guys are enjoying the Utah life! You all are so lucky to be enjoying cold weather! 

Things About Samoa:
IT WAS SO HOT THIS WEEK!
We just entered Cyclone season!
Elections are going on!
The rain here is insane!
It is super green!
That's about it this week haha!

Anyway, I hope you guys had a great week! Keep working hard at whatever you are doing! Love you and all and like usual I am always praying for you guys! Have a good Week!

Elder Barton!









No comments:

Post a Comment