Well, another week is gone. In fact, another month is gone. Where is all the time going? We had a pretty good week here in Pava. Not much success but, a lot was learned and that is what I want to share in this weeks email.
So, we decided we needed to drop Pete this week. He just isn't keeping our commitments and he isn't progressing. It was really hard and pretty sad because Pete is a super cool guy. On our last visit he said something that really impacted me though. He was talking about how he pictures his life right now and he described it as if he was walking with Jesus and then in the distance he sees a party house and so he tells Jesus to wait right there and he will be back in a few minutes. As he starts to go towards the house he notices that it isn't getting any closer and no matter how fast he runs no matter how long he runs for, he can't reach this house. He then said "I've been running for so long trying to chase this house that I can't see Jesus anymore and I don't know if he is still waiting for me." For some reason I thought that, that was a really good description of this life. I think sometimes we get caught up in what we think will make us happy in this life and we leave and try to pursue that "happiness" but, no matter how long we chase it, we can never reach it because that isn't where happiness is. Eternal happiness can only come through our Savior Jesus Christ and his teachings. And we never have to worry about whether or not He is still there waiting for us. I personally believe that Jesus doesn't wait for us we wander from the path. I believe he comes searching for us when we wander.
Something good that happened this week was we are teaching this lady named Carol who is around our age and we taught her lesson 1 and asked her if she would pray about our message and see if it was true and then we asked her that if it was true, if she would get baptized. We go back Tuesday and we have been really praying for her to receive an answer! Hopefully all goes well!
Also, the Samoan people don't really celebrate Halloween. People dress up and some kids go trick-or-treating but, for the most part it isn't really a big thing down here!
We only have two weeks left before our transfers! It is crazy how fast the 12 weeks have been going by! I feel like I just barely got here! I am going to miss Elder Tiatia haha! He is a way cool guy!
I love you guys and hope you all had a great week! I hope you guys enjoy being together! Just know I am there in spirit haha! Keeping reading the scriptures and praying. It is in the small and simple things that we show true dedication to our Father in Heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment