Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Season 3 Episode 9: No Email for 2 Months!

Hello Everyone!

Well, I had a pretty great week this week. Last Wednesday after we ended our email we helped our investigator Larry fill up rice bags with Sand so he could have enough cement for his new house. We also were able to baptize our family of 4 and TJ on Saturday! That was literally such a cool experience. I loved seeing there smiles after they came out of the water. We also confirmed all of them members of the Church on Sunday! Oh! Also on Saturday we helped Larry build his new house! It was pretty fun and pretty hard work. The cool thing about Samoa is they just live off the land. Well, most people do! It is a really humble lifestyle out here and everyone helps everyone! It was super fun helping him build the house it also brought back a bunch of memories of Dad and my brothers working together so that was super nice! 

This week, we have been looking for new investigators! Haha I am trying to think of what else to say but, that is literally what we did this week! We found two potential investigators Loni and Gloria. We are going back to teach them next week. So, hopefully things will go well with those two. 

I guess sense this email is so short I will include a pretty neat experience I had this week. Every Thursday we have our District Meetings and Once a week the Zone Leaders go over business concerning new rules, or just about the mission. Well, Elder Daley (Zone Leader) was going over the business and he told us that because some missionaries have been misusing email, email was going to be forbidden for the month of April and May. When I heard the news I was pretty upset. 1st because Mason and Julies wedding was in May and 2nd Why do I have to be punished for other missionaries mistakes. We ended up having a pretty open discussion about our feelings about this new rule. While the other missionaries were talking I had a pretty unique thought pop into my head about the time Jesus Christ was a boy teaching in the temple and Mary and Joseph were looking for him. Do you guys remember the response Christ gave to his Mother? "And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Even Christ was just a little boy he understood the divinity of his calling. Completely leaving behind everything. Even his family to do the will of his Father. Now, I am in no way comparing myself to Christ but, it made me think about how committed I am to my mission. Just like it states in my call letter. I am expected to devote all my efforts to the work. Elder Daley ended up telling us that the rule was fake and was just meant for the lesson. It was a very powerful lesson and made me really thing and evaluate how committed I actually am to the Lord and his work! Loved the lesson and I learned a lot from it!

That is about it for this week! Sorry it is lacking in detail but, that is just how some weeks go haha! I love you all so much and hope everything is going well wherever you all may be in the world! Always know that I am praying for you all! More importantly, know that God lives and he cares for you! I testify to you all of the truthfulness of this church! I know that it only brings happiness to those who are willing to give up the natural man and follow our Savior Jesus Christ with all of our Heart, Might, Mind and Strength.

Elder Barton


Don't know what it is with these people lol!

Here is the family and Tj we baptized on Saturday Ruth, Tamara, Tj, Euini, Joseph

didn't mean to send that photo but, artistic

Lychen a super delicious fruit out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment