“Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.” -Alma 36:3
I don't really know why but, for some reason I felt like I was being attacked from the Devil on all Sides and I mean it when I say it all sides. It got to the point where I just told my companion that I needed a minute to think alone. We went to the Beach and we sat apart from each other and I just started thinking and pouring my heart out to my Father in Heaven. I just let him know everything that was going on and how I was feeling. It probably took about a good 30 minutes before I was done. I won't lie. I was expecting for God to answer me right then and there and I was pretty disappointed when he didn't. So, I stood up told my companion that we can go and we went. I was really confused and quite frustrated as to why God didn't provide me with the smallest amount of comfort when I FELT like I NEEDED it the most. It wasn't until later that night and we were heading home and we went to small little store to get our dinner for the night and I started talking to this cute little 10 year old Samoan girl who was working at the shop, that I just felt this really small peace/happiness come over me. I'm not really sure if that was God answering my prayer but, I was able to take something away from that small experience. I realized that I need to stop looking inwards towards myself. Especially when times get rough. Just like the scripture said. We need to put our trust in God and HE will Support Us. It was a pretty humbling experience for me. Pride can come in so many different forms. I just think of Jesus Christ and his life and EVERYTHING that he went through and yet, he never ever looked inwards. He always looked outwards. What a tremendous example for all of us. I have testimony that God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ Live. He knows us and He loves more than we will ever be able to know and to understand. If we just put our trust in him, then we will be able to feel and experience the redeeming love of Christ! I love you all so much and pray for you all every single day! I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment