Okay, so this week was pretty much the exact same as the schedule I sent you guys last week so there isn't much new! But, I have some really hilarious and good stories so here we go!
Story One: Laughing is A Remedy for anything
So first off, I met Elder Edwards! He is seriously one of the funniest guys I have ever met. However, he is in the other Samoan district which is probably a good thing. On occasion both Samoan districts will get together and have a lesson. So one of our teachers Sister Kamaletti was teaching and then she had start doing some work with our Soa (Companion) and then all of the sudden a few a us were talking in like this sassy white girl voice and we just couldn't stop laughing and me and Elder Edwards would keep looking at each other and we would just bust up. Anyway Sister Kamaletti told us to stop so we kind of stopped and she began teaching again. And for some stupid reason I decided to turn around and look at Elder Edwards and I totally just lost all control of my laughter to the point where I had to exit the classroom. hahahah I am laughing so hard as I write this. So I finally compose myself and walk in with my head downs so I can avoid eye contact with Elder Edwards and as I sit down Sister Kamaletti turns on a video of missionaries in the MTC and then just my luck an Asian guy comes on and English is his second language and so obviously my whole district including myself just bust up laughing!! Not because of the Asian but, because we all the thought of Elder Ping!! Oh my gosh seriously it was so funny! (Nichole and Mason I hope you are laughing)
Story Two: Patience is a Virtue
There is one guy in my district named Elder Fano who is from Hawaii. I like him for he most part but the other day we were all studying language in class and there wasn't a teacher because it was P.C.L.'s anyway, We were just doing our thing and for some reason when I memorize phrases I will on occasion use a tune of song to help. So, I started to do that and it was even loud and mind you that, that day was already pretty stressful and high anxiety because I was worried about the Family and Elder Matthews who will be in a future story had done a few things that got me annoyed. Anyway, there I am doing my thing when out of no where a pen just smacks me so hard in the side of the head and I look over and Elder Fano is looking at me and said "SHUT UP" Now you may all know that sometimes I am very quick to get angry! Anyway for some reason I just had this feeling that I shouldn't react. I immediately just put my head down and prayed so hard that the Lord would calm down because I honestly just want to go at it with Elder Fano! Like who does that?! He could've just asked if I could stop and I would have. Anyway So asked my Soa if we could go the bathroom and as were walking out I give Elder Fano his pen back and go into he bathroom while my Soa was siting outside and I just broke down for a moment because of everything that had happened that day and it was only like 11. Anyway so I really had to exercise faith that the Lord would help me exercise patience and in a way understanding. It WAS SO HARD NOT TO FREAK OUT AT HIM!! But I'm grateful for the way I handled the situation!
Story Three: When Madness Sinks In
Okay, so there is his Elder in our District Elder Matthews who is from Northern Utah and throughout the first week he was really cool and dedicated. But at the start of this week I noticed that he had started to become less motivated and he started popping off to everyone including our district leader who is my Soa. And It was so weird to see him seriously go insane in these last few days. He is like a little kid! Honestly! He won't stay focused he doesn't study with his companion he is always being loud and obnoxious and rude. And it has really tested everyone's patience especially when he does things on purpose that knows will bug us. Anyway two nights ago I was up thinking about some stuff when I heard some crying coming from he top bunk. Elder Matthews is the one that sleeps above me and I just had a feeling that I should talk to him and I did. Turns out that he was super sad and homesick and I began to understand why he was acting the way he was and I felt more of an understanding of where he is coming from. He is sill pretty wacky but we are trying to work with him!
Things he would do: Rub his cracked gross feet right above me at night getting his gross skin flakes everywhere, He would always make stupid faces during serious times, He would always tell us no when we asked him to do something, He would complain about almost everything, He would become super competitive during sports and just be really rude, and he was always off task and he would talk inappropriately!
Anyway like I said we are working with him and things are getting better.
Story 4: Nashville Tribute
On July 24th the Nashville Tribute came and they are an LDS Band and they sing country which you all know I'm not a big fan of! I will say they were really good! The last song they sung was "The Hardest Two Years of My Life" and it talked about his mission and one of the lines that stuck out was something along the lines of him hugging his Mom and walking down the halls away from his Mom for the next two years.
I remember when I hugged you all and had to say goodbye. I remember rounding the corner and looking back one last time to see you all waving from the car and then I entered "The Hardest two years of my life" I just remember thinking during that time of all of you and how alone I was. It was super scary and sad to be honest. At the end of the song he talks about finally seeing his Mom and giving her a kiss on the cheek and I thought to myself I can't wait for the day when I am able to walk down the stairs to see all of my family standing there and giving my Mom the biggest Hug ever as well as the rest of the family! I am so excited for that day! But, I have also gained a broader perspective now that I am here and can't wait to serve the People of Samoa! This week was overall Really good!
I love you all so much and look forward to reading your emails each week! However, if you any of you ever want to send me a letter throughout the week use DearElder.com and I will get it the day you send it! I hope all of your weeks are going great!
I challenge you all to see how the Lord has blessed your life this week. If you really look back at it you will see how blessed you truly are!
Love you all so much!
-Elda Patoni
No comments:
Post a Comment