Friday, August 12, 2016

Season 1 Episode 4: Take Me to Samoa!

Talofa Lava!

This week has been a pretty tough week. It's weird being here for so long and I know four weeks isn't that long but, when you are in here doing the same thing everyday you start to feel weird and locked up in a way! Luckily, I leave on the 21st! I think I can only bare one more week hahaha! 

So, This week I was feeling really weird and just kind of low energy and not really finding purpose in what I am doing and I thought to myself that it would wear off. I was wrong. By the time Tuesday rolled around I was feeling not so hot. Every Tuesday we have a Devotional and so it came time for the devotional and guess who came to speak??? Elder Neil  L. Anderson!  So crazy! We have had two Apostles come and talk to us! Anyway he gave a really good talk about a few really good things that I needed to hear! Just basically talking about keeping the flame we already have and kindling it. The subject was "Being a Missionary isn't complex but, it's not easy." SO TRUE! Anyway I had a really distinct feeling that I should ask President Willies who is our Branch President for a blessing of Counsel. So I emailed him and he said he would give one to me Saturday! I'm really looking forward to the blessing and I am preparing myself for it. I will let you know how it goes!

So, each week my Soa and I have to teach lessons in Samoa to Ane and Faletui who are our language teachers just playing a role! Our lessons are usually planned from a book with prepared sentences about the subject but, this week I had a feeling to prepare it in English and then Translate it to Samoan... so that's what I did. I had written them all on the board and I asked Uso Haws to come and check the translation and I was honestly so surprised when he only added in a few i's and changed one word that I had out of context!!! That taught me to rely on the spirit more haha! We taught Ane the other day and it was so crazy we had our lesson on a notecard, but Elder Bethea and I didn't look at it once and we were able to understand like 50% of what she was saying!! I usually understand like 5% hahaha! It was so cool! Tonight we have T.R.C. which stands for Teaching Recent Converts but since there aren't a lot of Samoans here so we just teach Returned Missionaries. Tonight it is over Skype and we didn't use any books to help us translate so I am praying it will all work out!!! 

We are all praying that we get our flight plans today haha! I hope you are all doing well! I love and miss you all so much! I love reading your emails each week it helps me stay motivated to this work! Thanks for all the support and love! I know this email was short but, honestly every single day here is the same haha! Let me know if you have any questions!!! 

Ou Te Alofa Atu!

Love, Brock!

No comments:

Post a Comment