I hope all of you had a terrific week and were able to realize how much and how often the Lord has blessed you this week! If not recount your week and "Count your many Faamanuiaga)!
First off, I need to take care of some Buiizzzeeneeesss
Okay so Samoa is actually a letter writing message! A lot of the places don't have wifi and if they do it is super expensive! So who knows what will happen! That's about all for Buiiizzzeeeneeesss!
OHHHHH ALSO GUESS WHAT?? I GOT MY DEPARTURE DATE! AUGUST 21st is the day I leave to Samoa! Which is perfect because it's a Sunday and I will be able to call you all!!! More info will come once I get my flight plans!
So on Tuesday we had a devotional and Bishop Wadell came and talked and it was soooo good! He talked about the difference of Going on a mission and Serving a mission as well as teaching baptism and baptizing CONVERTS. It was a really, really good Devotional!
I haven't really told you guys but my companion and I as well with all the other missionaries have to teach are teachers lessons in Samoan and they act as different people! That has been going on since the first week and it is seriously so hard haha! Also we had T.R.C's this week and that's when the bring Returned Missionaries and we have to teach them a 20 MINUTE LESSON! It was so hard but it was actually way less scary than I thought it was going to be they were super nice! That is where I ran into Mookie! Which reminds me will someone check with the Casuga's and see if they got my letter haha? They sent me some food and I just sent it to the address on the package! Also I need their emails!
Other than that this week has been a really big blur! On Wednesday I was able to do hosting! That's when we bring in the new shipment of missionaries and I was able to host ANDY! So that was super cool. Him and I both have the same lunch so I see him everyday! And that's super nice. I don't know if I said in my last email but Mckay got Transferred to the Spain MTC. Crazy!
Oh! So in the new shipment of Missionaries we got some ASL missionaries and they are in our residence and classroom building and there is one Elder who is Deaf and I was having someone translate for me and he was a really big inspiration he was telling me about how it was growing up and how had to learn ASL and all this stuff and I could see the tears in his eyes as he signed and it was a really touching experience!
Everyday we get to have an hour of Exercise time and I play volleyball every day! I don't want to be prideful but I am getting pretty good!
*STORY TIME*
So this during gym time you have a few districts in there doing whatever they want right? So I decided to play Volleyball as per usual. And you get a lot of different experience level volleyball players and there is this one Elder who I gave the Name Barcelona because all he wears is a Barcelona t-shirt. Anyway I was playing in the middle in the front row which I think is the Setter's position and I set the ball to Elder Vest who is in my district and all sudden out of no where freaking Barcelona comes in and flys into the net and misses the ball hahahaha! And he gets out of the net and looks at me and says in a super nice way "When you hit the ball you need to get out of the way" hahahaha oh my gosh. So I was just like "Okay yeah for sure" and so a few turns later it was my turn to serve and I don't know what it was but I was killing serves and Barcelona looked at me and was like "Wow you really know how to play" hahaha! Anyway Barcelona has like no vertical jump he just flys straight into the net every single time! It is the funniest thing in the world! I wish you guys could see it haha I just think of a monkey when ever I see him fly into the net!
Anyway that's about it this week! I'm really excited to leave and finally be in Samoa! I love you all so much! May God be with you this Week! Alofa Atu! Tofa Soifua!
Love, Elder Barton!
No comments:
Post a Comment