We had a pretty great week down here in Pava! Things are starting to move forward a little bit quicker and we have a few more promising investigators! Really blessed to be working with Elder Tiatia in this Area!
This Saturday we are baptizing a girl named Joanne. She is 9 years old but, she is very smart. Every time we teach her we always review all the lessons we have taught her and she gets all the questions right! So we are super excited for her and can't wait for this Saturday!
We also met this girl Verona this week and she seems super prepared to hear the message we have to share! She is going through a divorce and has three kids which is super sad but, also a perfect time for her to hear the message! We have a baptismal date for her on the very last Saturday of this month! After the first lesson we could just see everything clicking in her mind. She was kind of at a loss for words. I don't know, it is just so crazy how the Lord works. He really does care for all of his children and knows exactly when they need to be taught!
We also had this guy chase us down so we could start teaching him. His name is Pangia and he has already been through 8 sets of missionaries. It was funny because he was just like " I like the missionaries all of them talk about the exact same thing." lol duh! Anyway, next time we go back we are going to see what is holding him back from being baptized so hopefully that goes well!
So here is a funny story for your week! Yesterday night I was getting ready to go shower and I was in the bathroom and I saw a cockroach on the wall, so I got our cockroach spray and sprayed him. Well, he was just chilling there and I thought he was just going to die. I was wrong. I started to undress and this cockroach jumps right for my pants! I honestly never let out such a girl scream in my life before! Luckily because I screamed I moved my pants and the cockroach missed from landing in my pants! My companion was laughing so hard! Dang that was sooo scary! Good thing I am still alive!
Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas weather! I would love to see some Pics! By the way the lady that opens up our emailing room says we can't send Pictures anymore... We are going to talk to the Bishop this wee because we think that is a dumb rule! I hope you all have had a great week! Skyping day is soon upon us! I should be skyping in anywhere from 6-10 at night! Big gap that is all I know! I love you guys and I am always praying for you! Thanks for all of your prayers! They really do help! Alofa Aku!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment