Well we are finally into my favorite month of the year! December! To bad there is no snow down here though! Oh well! Well lets get into this week!
First off we have 3 investigators with Baptismal Dates! Joanne (9) Lina (50+) and Petelo(40+)! Joanne's parents are already a member but, for some reason she has not been baptized. Joanne is super sweet and very shy but, we love teaching her and she seems to be getting more comfortable with us each time we visit so that is good! Lina is a super kind lady and she honestly seems so prepared by the Lord to hear what we have to say! When we gave her the invitation to be baptized she just said Yes. We were kind of shocked and had to ask the question again because we didn't think she understood our Samoan Lol! She also wants to be baptized with her family so we get to teach the whole family this week! Petelo is a pretty cool dude. Whenever I say his name I think of potato haha. Anyway, I feel like Petelo needs a lot of work but, we love him none the less. He is super quite but, enjoys our lessons and seems really interested in what we are teaching! The work has really picked up this Transfer!
We have a few other investigators we are working with and we are hoping to commit them to baptism this week! We will see what happens though!
Well, it is still super hot and humid here in Samoa! Does not feel like Christmas! I guess that is good in a way because I don't really feel to homesick! I haven't really told you guys much about Samoa so here are a few things!
For Dinner we usually eat a mixture of these things:
Taro, Ulu, Fa'i, Fried Chicken, some type of soup, Juice and Palusami! The people here are awesome! They are all super friendly and they are always looking out for us and joking with us! However, the Samoan people love to gossip. Super annoying because it can really offend people to the point where they won't come to church. That is one con here. But, for real the people here are awesome! they love to sing! I wish you guys could hear them! I love sacrament meeting because they just sing so loud and it actually sounds good! The Samoan hymns are super dope! I feel the spirit so much when we sing! Anyway that is a little bit about Samoa haha!
I hope you guys have had a great week and are enjoying the cold and the snow! Christmas will soon be upon us! I love this time of year! I always feel so much closer to our Savior for some reason! Which reminds me! We had a Zone conference/Christmas activity this week! IT WAS SO DOPE! In short we had a testimony meeting where all the Elders and Sisters took about one minute and bore their testimony about the first time they committed themselves to Christ. The spirit was so strong almost everyone was in tears. That is one moment I will never forget! We then went to the hospital and sang Christmas carols! Also a very tender moment! I was able to give a blessing to a random person in the Hospital and that again was a super powerful moment! Man the mission is a very big blessing I am so glad I have this chance to serve Our Savior!
I love you guys so much and I can't wait to skype you on the 25th! Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful season! Also, I saw a commercial for the new star wars movie! Well, kind of I had to keep looking away! Looks cool though lol! Love you guys!
Love, Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment