STUUUUUFFFF:
Last week Sunday Elder David Crashed on his Bike and we went to the Hospital.
Last Week Monday Elder Davids Arm got a lot worse so we went to the Mission home and got to spend the night there with the ZL's, Hot water, and Air Con.
Last Week Tuesday We taught a lot of our investigators and sweated a ton! Here is a list of all of our investigators and some of there baptismal dates:
Sese 6th of May
Seu 6th of May
Peta 6th of May
Nora 6th of May
Soototo 29th of April
Val 29th of April.
Oh, you guys remember that awesome experience we had last week with Seupule and his family? Well, we figured out Seupule has 27 kids and not really sure how many wives. He told us he still has a unofficially divorced wife in NZ. Meaning they divorced but, never signed the papers. Meaning we can't Marry Seupule and Tine until they get those papers signed. It was super sad to find out because of how badly they both want to be baptized but, it looks like it is going to be awhile for Seupule and Tine.
Last Week Wednesday we went to Apia to shop and eat! We had Mcdonalds and Pizza! Great day
Last Week Thursday/Friday we spent our time focusing on Tavita, Faasili, Olive and Satui so we could get them ready for there baptisms!
Last Week Saturday We did the Baptisms for Tavita, Faasili and Olive in the Ocean! The water is very nice down here in Samoa. It was very hard not to "Trip" and fall in the water. I am so grateful that they could all get baptized and be confirmed the next day!
Last Week Sunday We baptized Satui!! Afterwards we had a bomb fafaga which consisted of Pig, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Eel, Taro, Luau, and ICE WATER! Shout out to Satui's family for providing a very nice dinner for us! Also we found out that Satui is Elder Davids first cousin!!! It was such a surprise and made the baptism so much more meaningful for Elder David and Satui! We also got a referral of this guy named Val. (Mentioned above with the baptismal date) Apparently he has been attending church for a very long time with his Member girlfriend. But, he is very humble and willing to put his life in accordance with our Father in Heaven and be baptized!
Monday Elder Davids arm got reinfected and got 10x worse. So we went back to the Mission home around 9 at night and ended up going to the hospital and staying there until about 11. Elder David and I got to spend another night in the Mission home and Shout out to President for buying us some Mcdonalds haha!
Tuesday we figured out that Elder David was going to be staying in Lotopa (The village right next to the Mission home) So the Mission Nurse can change and clean his bandages twice a day and so that he can shower in the hot water! Luckily for me this in not a permanent switch! I will be back with Elder David this Friday! Right now I am comps with Elder Olamaleva from Missouri! He is a really cool Elder! He just talks a lot haha! Love him though!
I love you all so much! I now this email is really rushed and lacking detail. But, I hope you all know I am loving the work and I am trying my best to become like our Savior Jesus Christ and help others do the same! Yep, it is hard but, it is the best choice I have made in my life. I am so grateful for you, my family and all the support I have from you guys! Thanks for all the prayers as well! I hope you all have a great week and I can hear from some of you next week!
Love,
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment