What the What? It is already August 1st? Where did July go haha?
Well, this week was pretty crazy! But, I just wanted to share a pretty cool experience my Soa and I had this week. So, there is a New rule in the mission regarding Fafaga-Dinner. No missionaries are aloud to go to fafaga unless the family that is feeding the missionaries brings an investigator or someone in the word that is less-active. On top of that we are supposed to do a family home evening with the family and the people they bring before eating! I honestly thought this rule made so much sense! And we utilize that 1 hour for fafaga to better hasten the work! However, for some reason the Samoan people hate this rule. Literally hate it. Because if they don't bring someone we have to cancel the Fafaga. (There is the Back story now here is the story) So, on Monday we had Fafaga with the Bishop. We texted him the night before and in the morning reminding him to bring someone to do the fafaga. Well, an hour before fafaga we asked him if he had anyone and he said he didn't. I talked with my Soa and we thought it would be best to go to his house in person and do a small apology and let him know we wouldn't be able to accept the fafaga. When we got to his house, we sat down and began to talk and we ended up telling him we couldn't accept the fafaga. But, it was like he didn't hear or something cause Nek Minute they are bringing out food and setting it in front of us and the Bishop just starts to bless the food! I was just sitting there thinking to myself "Ohhhh No, this is going to go so bad." He finishes the prayer and looks at us and tells us to eat! My soa and I just put are heads down and didn't move hahaha! It was so awkward! After a few minutes we asked the Bishop if there was anyone that lived nearby that we could do a quick message with so we could accept his fafaga! To make a long story short, we found someone, did a lesson and ate the food! But, the real blessing was after the fafaga some random guy was walking us to the road. Turns out he isn't a member, he wants to be baptized, and all we need to do is get his divorce paper signed! Maybe that is a blessing for being obedient! It also helped that I have been reading about Nephi this past week and all the trials he faced. But, he was always %100 obedient and he was always blessed! Funny right?
Anyway we haven't had fafaga yesterday or Today and it causing a very serious problem. The Members are getting very angry and us and are telling us to just go behind the Presidents back and stuff like that! Crazy how serious these people are about feeding the missionaries! Honestly, I didn't think it would be that hard to invite someone over for dinner haha! We are staying strong though! I know over time they will see that this new rule is for everyone's benefit and it will hasten the work! But, until then we are just going to have to deal with it! Still love the people haha!
Anyway, I hope you guys know that I love you and am always praying for you! Hope you all have a great week!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment