First off, I want to start off with a small apology for not being able to write very much for the past 2 weeks. But, I hope this email is finding you all well. These past 2 weeks have been pretty crazy!
Well, over the past two weeks have been working with a lot of people in Lotopa. Mainly, Risati(Baptized), Manamea(Next Saturday), Annie(Next Saturday), Luki&Feleki(Brothers, Today), Faleaniko(Today). These are mainly the people we have been working with. We baptized Risati on Saturday and that was a super awesome experience. He was a really cool investigator to work with. At first he was extremely defensive and not really accepting to what we had to share with him but, by the time we had reached the end of lessons he was telling us how there is nothing that can stop him from being baptized and he knew that this was what he needed to do. His wife Manamea will be baptized next Saturday so that will be exciting. After that the plan is to take them to the Temple and do Baptisms for the Dead. Luki and Feleki are awesome they are 10 and 12 and they will be baptized later on tonight! Love them to death! Annie is 16 and is Catholic. We took her to the Visitors center and she accepted to be baptized next Saturday!
On Monday, we had our district meeting and the Zone Leaders told us that they got Transfer Calls. Well, I guess five weeks was long enough for me in Lotopa because I just got transferred yesterday to Fasitootai, Vailuutai and Satapuala and figured out that I would become the District Leader here. Right when things were getting good, I get transferred. But, everyone that has served a mission knows that, that is usually when you get transferred lol! My New companion is Elder Tauiliili. He is from Upolu. He is actually the same intake as me. He just went to the NZ Mtc. I have heard a lot of negative things about him but, I am just going to put those thoughts out of my head and see how things go. I know him and I have a work here to do and I am excited to do it with him. I have been with him for a day and he seems really good and has a desire to do the work. So, we will just see how this upcoming week goes haha! I am excited to be here! I know there is a lot of work to be done! We are just going to do the Normal and Get to Work!
I really hope all is going well with all of you! I am always praying for you guys! Thanks for the emails and prayers! They always help! Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment