Can you believe it has been 52 weeks since you guys dropped me off at the MTC? Does it honestly even feel like it has been that long? We are now officially on the down hill slope. So crazy. But, what was even more crazy was this week. Here we go.
So, one of our investigators Vaigaau who is super solid sent us a text saying that he doesn't want to take lessons anymore. My comp and I were pretty shocked to say the least. We went over as soon as we could and sat down and talked with him. It ended up being a pretty emotional conversation and when it came down to it, he still wants to be baptized he is just afraid of going back to drinking and smoking after he is baptized. So, we were able to breathe a sigh of relief and now we are really focusing on the incredible power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and building him up to believe in himself! He honestly is such a solid investigator and I feel so much love for him and I continue to pray he will receive the strength necessary to quit drinking and smoking for good. I know he can.
Second, We were in a trio this week with an Elder from Savai'i Elder Mulipola. It was pretty fun. It is always good to teach with natives. They always help me learn how to better interact with the Samoan people and teach them! Oh, right now Elder Olamaleva and I are covering five wards! A huge group of missionaries went home so we are covering these 5 wards until August! So much work but, #blessed because we have bikes.
Third, I got the worst boil of my life over this past week! Actually, it wasn't even a boil. The Samoan people call it Silae lagi. No idea what that is in English all I know is I was in extreme amounts of pain for the past week. It was popped 8 times and ruined 4 of my shirts and garments. I could barely sit through visits and I lost so much sleep because there was honestly no comfortable position. But, Early today Elder Olamaleva was popping it and we were able to pull out this big ball of pus. Which is the seed. Now I am feeling really good. Plus, this Old samoan lady went all witch doctor on me and starting massaging me with plants and stuff. I feel really good. Just beware all of you with weak stomaches because the pics and video are pretty nasty.
Fourth, I just wanted to share a little bit of my thoughts as I am now at my year mark. First off, I just wanted to thank you all so much for all of your prayers, emails, and thoughts over this past year. They have helped me so much and I am so grateful for all that you guys do for me. It is so crazy to think that I have been halfway across the world for a year in a place I never thought I would be. But, this past year has been so incredible. There have been so many up's and down's and all the in between's. However, I would say the most important thing I have come to learn over this past year is that the Atonement of Jesus Christ changes Everyone, Everything, Every time and With our Savior Jesus Christ we can look at the storm and smile. I have grown to know that God and His Son Jesus Christ Live and they Love us. And they want nothing more than for all of us to return to them after this life and to give us all the help we need in this life. I know His plan is Perfect. I am so grateful to be a Representative of Jesus Christ. I have grown to realize and still am coming to learn how special this calling is. Time is going by so fast but, I am so grateful for this gospel and all the blessings that come with it.
I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week! Remember We are on the 365 day count down. But, don't worry your boy Elder Barton is no where close to be trunky! I will give %100 until the day I am released. I will continue to pray for all of you! We will talk more next week! Fa Soifua!
No comments:
Post a Comment