Thursday, July 13, 2017

Season 5 Episode 2: Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Well, this week was a really good week filled with Tender Mercies from the Lord. So, I think that is what I will share this week.

Tender Mercy #1
Last week we went to visit one of our investigators Su'ega. Our plans had fallen through for the last two hours of the day and we had received an impression to go visit Su'ega. When we got to her house, which we in America would compare to an house that no one should live in. Anyway, her power was off and she was outside trying to bathe 3 out of her 5 kids who are all under the age of 2 out of pipe. All the kids were crying. So, we gave her Husband(A very Shady guy) 15 dollars to go shop for the gas power. Once he left I went to work trying to calm the kids down and get them dressed while my comp followed Su'ega with a small phone light as she was trying to prepare the dinner for her kids. After a few minutes I had all the kids sitting on this small mat called a Fala. One of the kids I had in my arms as she was just crying. Finally Su'ega and my comp came back with 4 breadfruits and 1 coconut for dinner. I can't really explain how humbling this situation was but, I just had this overwhelming feeling of love for these people so I told my Soa that we were going to go and just do a small shop for the family with the last of our money for the month. We ended up just buying some crackers and things like that. When, we got back Su'ega's husband showed up and the power came back on and then we were able to share a really powerful spiritual thought. Also, 2 days ago we set a baptismal date for her! The 22nd of July. We just have to get her married to her Boy friend or separate them because, a lot of people in the ward thing that Su'ega can apply for a victim case. I will keep you all updated.

Tender Mercy #2
We have these two investigators Lausati and Manumea. They are married and have two kids. Lausati is extremely smart in the Bible but, once he was introduced to the Book of Mormon he was super confused and kind of apprehensive towards the Book of Mormon. However, as he accepted to the invitation to read it, he now loves the Book of Mormon and he is now on date for the 22nd of July. However, earlier this week Manumea told us that she doesn't want to be baptized on the 22nd of July because she doesn't feel like she is ready. Yesterday, we were teaching the Plan of Salvation and we got talking about the Atonement. The spirit was so strong and I have no doubt that he was present in that room last night. We ended up sharing Alma 7: 11-13 after we read together we both shared our testimonies and then I had a feeling to reinvite her to be baptized on the 22nd. But, I remember something President is always stressing to us missionaries. When we invite people to do things we say "Will you accept the invitation from Jesus Christ..." So, I did and she sat there for a minute and she accepted and promised us that she will do what she needs to do to prepare for the 22nd to baptized with her Husband!

A lot more things happened but, you guys already know, short on time. So here is a short list of other things, We went on Splits with Elder Tiatia, Ate pizza yesterday, Taught a lot of good lessons, and we are just having a really good time out here in Samoa. I hope you are all enjoying the 4th of July with each other! Next 4th of July I will be home! Hope you are all ready to get dominated in Badminton!  All joking aside, I hope you all know how much I love you guys and pray for you guys. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. I am also so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I know it is a perfect plan and I know that through it we can all live together forever with our Father in Heaven and His Son. I love you guys and I hope you are all doing well! Hopefully I can hear from you guys next week! Shout out to Nichole to being the only one emailing this week! That is why you are my Favorite Sister!

Elder Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment