We have been working with Takierise this week but, the only hard part with her is that her dad won't allow her to be baptized. We had the chance to talk with him the other day and we set up a Family Home Evening with there family this week. So, hopefully we can see a miracle this week and her dad will soften his heart and let her be baptized.
We have also been teaching Ierimia and Rose and there 5 kids this week! They are such an awesome family! I love teaching them and I love them as well. We have been noticing that it has been pretty hard for us to feel the spirit when we are teaching lessons because there youngest kid is always running around making a bunch of noise. So we are trying to set up a day with them that we can take them to the Visitors Center! I really hope we can see this family progress together and hopefully one day enter into the waters of baptism!
We are working with a few other people who have a lot of similar problems. Meaning, a lot of them aren't divorced with there first spouse so we can't do their baptisms Se'i (Forgot the English word) we get them divorced and married. When we did our weekly planning we really had to focus on who we think is most likely to progress this week and what they need in order to progress. We are really focusing on finding new people as well who have been prepared to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, we just keep praying that God will lead us to his Children.
I noticed this week as well that no matter how the week goes, whether we have a super successful week or not I am always so happy. I just love being able to spread this gospel to these people. Not only that but, to testify to them of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have seen it change so many lives. It has blessed me so much as well. I am just so surprised at how fast time is going by. Next month is General Conference. Man, we truly are so lucky to be living in a day and age like this. We are so blessed with all the knowledge we have pertaining to the Gospel. I really hope and pray we are taking advantage of it every day. I know it is so easy to take for granted. Especially because our lives are so busy. But, we live in a day and age like no other. We should always make time in our day to search the scriptures and we should be continually strengthening our testimonies. I know that these last days are going to get any easier but, I know as we are always fortifying our spiritual "Cities" we will be able to withstand all the weapons of the Devil. I know this Gospel is true and I am so grateful for the light it brings into my life each day. I know the Book of Mormon is the best book in this entire world. I love reading it each day! It is so powerful! I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment