Friday, September 1, 2017

Season 5 Episode 9: Companion Trials

Hello my peeps!

Well, this week was pretty crazy! So, I am just going to get started! I will address the main issue first. The Neck boil is gone. But, it was quite the experience. The mission nurse ended up taking me to the doctor's last Thursday and they started out by giving me some Antibiotic that is supposed to kill whatever infection is going on inside of me. They told me that if it didn't pop by itself I would have to come back on Monday and they would just cut it open and pop it. So, guess what happened? Monday rolled around and my boil still hadn't popped. So we went to the Doctor he numbed it, cut it open and went to town. Let's just say the numbing didn't do much! I also wasn't able to record which I am actually so sad about! I am sure mom would pass out if she were to see it! So, right now I am in no pain, I just have a big hole in my neck! Don't worry the nurse has been coming every day and been cleaning it out really well and bandaging it up! I have a good feeling that this is the end Barton's Boils. Thanks for the prayers fam haha!

Things are going well in our area! We were able to set a baptismal date with Joe this week for the 16th of September! We are really excited for that! We are also working with a 10 year old named Junior and we will be setting a baptismal date with him tomorrow! We will also be setting a baptismal date with another one of our investigators this week, Naomi! Things seem to be picking up in the area! It just feels good to be back out there and getting full days of work in with no pain! This week was pretty interesting with my comp. We had our district meeting on Monday as well and the Ap's attended and I ended up talking to them about my comp and some of things that have been going on. They ended up talking with my comp and after that they left. So, I asked my comp if we could go inside and talk. I was half-expecting a rock to be thrown at the back of my head when we were going inside but, luckily nothing happened. We ended up having a really good talk and I pretty much just told him how I was feeling and how important the work is for both of us and how much I love him. He was actually really humble and accepting and told me that he still wants to be companions. The Ap's told us we had to call President though just so he could know what was going on and so he could help us a little more. So we did. President was really awesome and really helpful. Things haven't been perfect with me and my comp since then but, things are so much better than what they were before! Each and every day we are working to get better and better!

I am just really grateful for this week though and all the things I learned! Especially that we are back to our normal routine! I noticed over this past week how much I truly love this work and how some times I may have taken it for Granted. But, I am recharged and just loving every second being out here talking with these Samoan's. I also love being able to read the Book of Mormon every single morning for one hour. I have really seen a big change in how I feel day to day and just my overall testimony of the Book of Mormon and the power that it brings into my life! I loved Thomas S. Monsons talk this past general conference regarding the Book of Mormon! I know you are all very busy but, I hope that you all can find some time in your day to read from the Book of Mormon! I promise it will change your day! I love you guys so much and am really grateful to have heard from all of you today! Sorry, Trevor, Nichole and Mason for not being able to respond to you guys today but, I am glad to read that all is well with you three! Sounds like there will be a lot of changes among the three of you from now through the end of this year! I am always praying for you guys! Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barton

P.S. This computer won't let us upload pictures! So just wait till next week to see pictures of the hole in my neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment