Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Season 5 Episode 11: Gagaifoilevao

Well, last Wednesday we had just finished talking with one of our investigators, Kayla, who was telling us that she and her family want to get baptized and will be attending the Church that Sunday, when we got a call from the Zone Leaders telling me that I will be getting transferred on Thursday. Let's just say that there were a lot of mixed emotions. You would think after 6 transfers I would be use to this stuff. Nope. Anyway, the following day I got transferred and now I am here in gagaifoilevao! I would love to hear you all try and pronounce that haha!  My new companion is Elder Vaivai from Aussie Mate! He has been out for 10 months and he is a really humble Elder and I am really excited to work with him. We cover two wards. Matautu and Saraimila-Zarahemla. We are right by the beach and we have this really nice resort next to us called Return To Paradise. So, we see white people all the time haha.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done here. There hasn't been a set of missionaries in here for about two months. So, a lot of the the members are excited and willing to help! Currently we have 17 investigators. My comp has been here two weeks longer than me so it was really nice to walk into a situation with current investigators.

One of our investigators name is Taikarise. I just call her Take it Easy. Anyway, she is 14 years old and I have never met someone who wants to be baptized so bad. She comes to church, Seminary, and mutual. Her family has all been baptized but, they are all attending another church because of some really weak reason and her dad has Fa'asa her from being baptized. It really is so sad to see. But, my comp and I are planning to go and talk with her dad this week and see if we can get his permission to baptize his daughter. We are planning to talk to him about the time he was baptized and the feelings he had and hopefully that will soften his heart and he will let his daughter be baptized.

Another one of our investigators name is Mercy. She is like 28 or somewhere around there. She is living with a member family and she has one kid with her boy friend ioua. We went and talked to them earlier this week about getting married and they told us that they were going to put it off until February of next year! We were pretty shocked and didn't really understand why. We went back to there house last night and we really focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ himself and the blessings that come from being married and you'll never guess what happened. They agreed to be married and baptized on the 23rd of this month! The spirit was so strong and I was so humbled and so grateful to my Heavenly Father for that small miracle I was able to be apart of!

One other investigators name is Pueata. She is a Mom. We went and talked to her yesterday and she started asking about the Book of Mormon and saying how that was our Bible and that we use a different bible from everyone else. She was pretty shocked when we pulled out the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon. So, we kept talking and were explaining to her the importance of the Book of Mormon and then she kind of interrupted us and told us how her pastor came to her house and was asking her why she was accepting us and all that. Then she started crying and was telling us how she will always except us because we are bringing a message about Jesus Christ. It was a really cool moment to share with her and we set Thursday to go back to her and teach her more about the Book of Mormon. Because I think once she understands that, she will see the difference.

This week was pretty crazy! It was full of a lot of powerful experiences. I have really seen that no matter what teaching situation we are put in, whatever the problem as we focus on The Atonement of Jesus Christ, people begin to feel and to change. I have seen it happen this week so many times. The spirit changes when the Atonement of Christ is introduced. I am so grateful to have this chance to be a missionary and share to the Samoan people about the Gift of the Atonement. We truly are so blessed to have this Infinite Gift. I am also grateful for the Book of Mormon that teaches us about the Plan of Salvation and our Savior Jesus Christ. Just like D. Todd. Christopherson said "The Book of Mormon Re-thrones Jesus Christ." We are so blessed to live in this day and age. I know that this Gospel is true. I know God lives and he loves us and his arms are always open to receive us. It doesn't matter how many times we wander off the path or how far off the path we go. This is the exact reason for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment