Wow, is it already General Conference weekend? Well, hopefully you all had a great week. I know over here it was pretty exciting! We have been seeing a lot of success in our area which is such a blessing from our Father in Heaven. We currently have six baptismal dates set right now for Taikerise, Kukaga, Mercy, Titi, Sia'a, and Ua'i!
Miracle #1
So, we went to our Ward mission leader's house in Matautu. His name is Joe. And he told us that his cousin just moved from a different village and is here to stay for good and she isn't a member! We found out that her name was Ua'i. She is about 20 years old and attends Aso fitu (Seventh Day). Well, something that President has really been emphasizing to us as missionaries is giving out the invitation to be baptized. "Elders, you have one purpose right now. Invite your investigators to be baptized!"-Pres. H. So, we taught her part of the first lesson and she seemed to really enjoy it near the end of the lesson I had a feeling to invite her to be baptized. But, if I am going to be honest with you all, It is still pretty hard to invite people to be baptized. Just because I am always so worried about what they are going to say. So, we didn't invite her to be baptized that first day and I went home with this really uneasy feeling inside, regretting not inviting her to be baptized. Well, we went back on Thursday and she came very well prepared to the lesson. She had all of her materials that we had given her and a notebook with questions she had. Once, again I had the same impression to invite her to be baptized. Even though I had these thoughts of "You haven't even finished lesson 1." or, "It is to soon to invite her." But, I just pushed all those thoughts aside and we invited her to be baptized on the 14th of october. And without hesitation she looked at us and said yes. I was so happy for her and I was so humbled/grateful for this experience and all that it taught me. I know that this is the Lords work and he will have it done when he wants it done and how he wants it done. Ua'i is super cool though! She came to church on Sunday and really loved it! So did Mercy! I was so happy when I saw both of them there. I honestly couldn't stop smiling! Makes me smile right now even thinking about it haha!
We were also able to find a potential new family this past week! The are all Catholic and there daughter Tina is pretty masani with the missionaries but, apparently when the missionaries would come they would just talk to her out in the road so, this past week we went to there house and they just explained that to us and told us to come back yesterday but, guess what? Your boy Elder Barton has another boil on his neck. Was up? But, I was telling Mom it is nothing in comparison to the other boil on my neck and it should be gone tomorrow or Friday. So, we are going to this family tomorrow!
Being a District Leader here is pretty cool. We have 6 Elders and 2 Sisters in this District and it is honestly so awesome to get there reports each night and to see each of there areas progressing! Right now we have 17 Baptismal dates set up in this District! The Elders and Sisters in this District are all so powerful and obedient and willing to do the work! It is really awesome/humbling to be able to see what they are achieving each day!
Dang, so General Conference is this week? I am sure you will all be enjoying crepes this weekend (Don't worry Trevor, you and I are on the same page). I am sure this General Conference is going to be super powerful and helpful to us in so many different ways. I hope you all have in mind some things you want to get out of this Conference. I know the times I have done that I always get my questions answered! And then if we take it the next step further and act on those answers, our lives our changed. I was so happy to hear that you all had set a day to go to the temple with eachother. Bummer it was closed but, honestly it was a really being testimony builder to me and an awesome example! I can't wait to get back and go through the Temple with all of you!
I know this church is true! I have no doubt in my mind. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and he is always pulling with us! He will never leave our side. I am so grateful for His Atonement. It has brought and still does bring so much peace and happiness into my life. I am so grateful for this opportunity to represent our family's name and more importantly our Saviors name! I hope you all have a great Conference weekend and you can all feel of God's love for you! I will be thinking about you all this weekend! Have a great week and always have Him in your thoughts!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment