I can definitely say that this week has been a week of Thanksgiving. As you all know I have been serving here in Matautu Lefaga since late August! Although my companions and I have been putting a lot of effort we haven't seen much success. But, this week has truly been a week of miracles. As you may remember each ward in this stake has a goal to get 6 baptisms before the end of the year. This has been such a great motivation to me, especially with December just around the corner and thinking about what Gift I could give to God. Well, these past two weeks I have truly seen and I can testify of the Power of God in His Work. In these past two weeks we have been able to set 2 baptismal dates in Matautu and 3 in Gagaifo. We also had the baptism of Sale on Saturday! The 3 People's names in Matautu are Mercy for the 16th of Dec, Malia for the 16th of Dec, and then we had the Baptism for Sale! The People in Gagaifo are Emi for the 16th of Dec, Siaa for the 16th of Dec, and Faamanu for the 16th of Dec. All of these people have some really cool stories and I wish I could share them all with you! But, I know that all these people have been prepared by the Lord not only to reach the stakes goal but, to Hasten the work of the Lord! It has just been a really cool experience for me as my companion and I have really exercised Faith in the God and his work and we have in return been able to see these miracles! I will for sure explain some of these people when we skype on Christmas!
However, yesterday was Transfers. The Zone Leaders called us in the morning and told us that we were both going to be staying for another transfer! I was pretty stoked to be honest. I mean none of my areas last longer than 2-3 months haha! Through out the day we were able to tell our investigators and members that we would be spending the Holidays with them! But, we all know that the Samoa Apia Mission is no ordinary mission! So, there we are sleeping that same night and our phone rings at Midnight! The Zone Leaders called and told Elder Chu-Shing and I that we would be transferring at 7 in the morning! Elder Chu-shing has been transferred to Siusega here in Uplou and I have been transferred to Pesega and I am now a Zone Leader with Elder Tautuaa. I was pretty surprised to say the least. A lot of mixed emotions! I was so excited to continue working with all of these people who are progressing so well and who have been prepared by the Lord! But, if I have come to know one thing here is that President Hannemann is called of God and wherever he puts Elders is where those Elders need to be. Although I am quite Nervous to be a Zone Leader and now I have this responsibility to look over the missionaries and there areas, I am so excited and so grateful! I can't wait to work together with all of these missionaries and to learn from them as well! I know this email is very short but, these are how emails will probably be each Wednesday (If I get the Chance to email). It is just a really busy schedule being a Zone Leader. But, I really am grateful for this opportunity to serve! I am sure there will be some great learning experiences!
I love you all and I am so grateful for all of your prayers! Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving! Also, a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nichole and Bridger! Sorry, I can't send you both a personal email but, I hope you know you guys have been in my prayers and thoughts! I hope you all have a great week! We will talk more next week! I will also Send heaps of pictures next week! Today has just been really crazy haha! Love you!
Elder Barton!
P.s. I forgot! We took 2 of our recent converts to the Temple on Friday to do baptisms for the dead and it was such a great experience to see them continue on the work for those who have passed on! It was a really big blessing. Plus, you can't beat the spirit that is found in the temple! Can't wait to send the pictures next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment