Sunday, December 24, 2017

Season 6 Episode 6: Zone Leader Madness

Malo Fam Bam! 

This week was so busy! Time flew this week haha! It really has been a great start to the month of December! Our mission is doing this program called Pesepesega! Every night at 8 different Zones come to the mission office and perform songs! There are lighted up trees all decorated and focus on Christ and the songs focus on Him! It started December 1st and my companion and I have been every night with different investigators! It is a really awesome program and it is really peaceful! Everyone that goes loves it! So, that has been something been really cool this week. My zone will performing this Friday and we are planning to make it as spiritual as possible! We have some great ideas! I think there is a Facebook page called SAM Visitor Center and I think you can watch the performances there! 

On Sunday we had our Missionary Leader Conference and we had the privilege of having a General Authority attend, Elder Cardon! It was such a great meeting. Really powerful and a lot of great insights! Elder Cardon talked a lot about the Book of Mormon! It is just so cool to see him teach, he truly is so guided by the spirit! We also had our Island Conference yesterday with Elder Cardon! Just a quick story, he was teaching us about the gift of Discernment and he asked a question. He told us to look up at the ceiling of the Church and look at the fans. He then told us to search for the one fan in the entire room that was spinning counter clockwise (As all the others were spinning clockwise). We were all able to locate the odd fan out but, the fact that none of us noticed it before he pointed it out to us was where the lesson came in. He talked about how God will bless us with the gift of Discernment, every person has at least one "fan" spinning the wrong way and how if we listen to the spirit, God will reveal to us that "fan" and the way to correct its course! It was such a powerful object lesson and it got me so excited to get back out and proselyte haha! This week has honestly been so physically and mentally draining and there have been some pretty rough moments but, I am so grateful for the spirit I have been feeling this week! It keeps me going everyday haha!

Being a ZL is very busy and very hetic! We are always getting calls from the office telling us that we need to go do some random chore! So, we get a lot of time taken out from our actual proselyting and our sleep as well haha. But, it has given me a bigger appreciation for the time we actually get to proselyte! I love this time of year and the special spirit it brings and being able to bear witness of our Savior Jesus Christ to these people in Samoa and to see there lives change because of Him! I truly am so grateful for this Gospel! The many blessings we enjoy each and everyday because of the pure Love of Christ! I testify that he lives and he loves us! This is His work and it is such an incredible work! I love you all so much! I am so grateful for all of your prayers! I love this 25 ways over 25 days program! I hope you are all enjoying it as well! What a great program that helps us serve our brothers and sisters! I hope you all have a great week and I hope you all know that I love you guys! 

Elder Barton
















 
  
 







No comments:

Post a Comment