Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Season 6 Episode 12: Humility Through Trials

Wow, what a week. I am very short on time so try and bear with me as I try and explain to you all this past week and what I have learned. So, as of last week Monday until this week Monday. My companion and I have had a total of 6-8 hours of Proselyting time. For an entire week. We were so busy with meetings from Monday-Thursday that we were able to scrap just a few hours of proselyting out those days. Friday my companion got a very unfortunate sickness in a very very unfortunate region of his body. Which ended up keeping us inside Friday and Saturday. Sunday we had Church and after we had to do a Transfer and take an Elder the other side of the Island and then come back. So, as you can probably imagine I was feeling very down on myself and my position as a Zone Leader. I was thinking to myself that it would be so much better if I could just be a normal missionary and have the whole day to Proselyte. I was also so worried for all of our investigators. I felt like this gap of 7 days was allowing so much time for them to lose interest in what we were teaching them. Anyway, I came to the realization that I was thinking to much of myself and putting myself first. On top of that our investigator Tiauli and his beautiful family who were progressing so well, called us and told us that the Chief of there entire family told them that we could never come back. To say the least, at the end of the week I was feeling torn apart. But, I am grateful for the Lord and his patience with me. Because I was able to learn a couple valuable lessons this week. And we were able to see a few miracles as well! I just keep on getting reminded of the importance of humility and how if we are always humble and faithful God will be able to teach the things he wants us to learn. But, as soon as we start to make it about ourselves...We can't learn, we can't progress! That's what this life is about though. Progress. We learn from our mistakes and just do better each day!

We had a baptism yesterday! His name is Foloi! He is 24 and he was so excited to be baptized. I will send some pictures. We also met two new investigators on the street Yesterday and invited them to the Visitors center! They are Loku Assembly but, after watching the Joseph Smith Restoration Video they really wanted to learn more and they told us how they now understand we don't worship him but, we worship Jesus Christ and they want to learn more! I know a lot of this email doesn't make sense and doesn't convey a lot of the feelings I want it to but, I just want to end with my Testimony and I want you all to know that Our Father in Heaven lives as well as his Son Jesus Christ. I know that this is the only true church i luga lenei fogaelele. I know that Jesus Christ knows each one of us individually. He knows us by name. He truly wants us to be happy in this life and to feel of his love for us through his Atonement. I promise that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we will get closer to God by reading it and living its principles by any other book! I encourage you all to read it everyday! It will change your life if you do! It has for me! I love you all so much and I pray for you all so much! Time sure is going fast! But, gotta finish strong and thats what I am going to do! Have a great week Family! Alofa Atu!

No comments:

Post a Comment