So, we were supposed to have a baptism last Saturday but, it didn't happen because the entire family wanted to be in attendance, which wasn't really a bother to us. So, Soo will be getting baptized this Saturday! I will make sure to take pictures! We also are working with Alex. She is from Australia. She has been investigating and wanting to be baptized ever since 2016 but, her father has not allowed her to be baptized. Thankfully through prayer and fasting we got the permission from her Father to be baptized. She was supposed to get baptized this Saturday but, something very serious happened with her and her Father and she told us that she has not changed her decision to be baptized but, she wants to be in the right mind set and settle things with her Father first. So as of right now we are just trying to help through this tough time and prepare her for her baptism. We also had a great lesson with Nancy on Monday! Nancy is quite the story. To make it short and simple for now, she started off by telling us that she wants nothing to do with the church. After our first two visits she totally changed her mind but, was still unsure about being baptized. Well, we had a lesson with her on Monday and after the lesson we stopped and asked her if she had any questions and she ended up explaining to us how over the past week she has been reading and praying about what she should do. She then asked us "O afea e mafai ona ou papatiso?" which means when can I be baptized! We were so thrilled and were so thankful that God answered her prayers and she was faithful and humble enough to hear his answer! She is going to baptized on the 14th of April!
We have so more people we are working with right now like this Indian man named Talo who is said he really wants to study the Book of Mormon! We are also teaching a lady named Ramona from Tuvalu and two Philippines Sandy and Raldo! I really feel like the work is starting to pick up in this area and hopefully in april our goal is to have 7 baptisms! The zone is on spiritual fire right now! These missionaries are killing it and they are so obedient in the work! I love these missionaries so much and I am so grateful for their examples and their diligence in the work! Truly is a blessing to be a leader and have so many great examples and servants of God in this Zone! I'm pretty sure they are leading they are leading me.
Quick thought Proverbs 8:35 "Whoever finds me, Finds Life." I have been reading this book lately called Stand a little taller. It has 365 days, 365 scriptures, and 365 quotes from Gordon B. Hinckley. Anyway, this was yesterdays focus. I just thought how true this was. Out of all the times in my life when I am feeling my happiest and feeling like I am actually living is when I realize that I am striving to become more like him. Everything just feels like it falls into place when we are trying to be one with him. I have a testimony that he truly does love us and care for us. He never wants us to feel like he doesn't care for us. The only person that wants that is the adversary. But, I know because I have truly seen the Love of Christ among these people in Samoa. I am so grateful to finally know with out a doubt that We all are truly Gods Children and we have the potential to become like him! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment