Maupopo: We were walking on the street to go to a visit when we saw and waved at Maupopo. As we kept on walking I had this feeling that we should turn around and go back. We ended up going back and taking him to the Visitors Center! Turns out his mom is a member but, he has been loku assembly his whole life but, he told us he wants to get baptized so we are looking at April 14th for Maupopo!
Soo: We got a referral from the members about Soo. They said she was over Nine and needed to be baptized. We went to visit the house but, the Mom told us she was turning 8 this year. Well, on Sunday we told our Ward Mission Leader what happened and he went and grabbed Soo and asked her how old she was and she told us she is turning 10 this year! I don't know why the Mom didn't know her actual age haha. But, Soo is super cute and has giant eyes. I will get a picture of her this week!
Sandy: Another Referral from Sister and Elder Kalama on Sunday. We met Sandy at church on Sunday and we are doing a FHE with him and the Kalama's this Saturday!
Folole's Family: This is an awesome family we are working with right now. Currently three out of 8 or more people at there house are on date for the 31st and they 7th. Talalelei, Nancy(How cool is that?), and Salote! These girls are really awesome and they came to church on Sunday. We are trying to soften the Dads heart so that we can get his permission to baptized and hopefully in the process him as well. Folole is the Mother of the family. We have only met her twice. The first time we introduced her to the Book of Mormon and the Second we came back and she told us the she had read up to 1 Nephi 6! The ward is so excited about this family as well! We just got done mowing there lawn this morning and they are coming to the wards faafu tonight!
I really feel like after last week 3 Nephi 22:7 really struck chord with me. I know this is God's work and I know that not everyday or week or even month can be all happy and smiles. I am sure we all know this. But, I know it is like this for a reason. We all know that without struggles we can't grow. We can't have more appreciation and Love for our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Just like in 2 Nephi 9:18. We all have our own crosses to bear and if we endure and bear our crosses well. We will inherit the Kingdom of God. I just sit and think about how merciful God truly is and I often think "Man, I wish I didn't mess up so much." Or "Why, I am so quick to forget?" I feel like these blessings that he so regularly blesses me are so significant that I shouldn't be so quick to forget him. But, I know he is patient with me, with all of us. More importantly, He truly does love us. And all he wants from us is to endure these trials for a very, very short period of time and then one day we will Rest in the Lord. I find such peace in that phrase and it gives me such great hope that no matter what is thrown at me, or yous, or our family in this life. If we all rely on Him and truly trust in his literal power to save us from anything and everything we will enter into his rest for all of eternity. I testify that He lives. This is his Gospel and it has already saved us. All we have to do, is let it save us. I love you Family. Time is short but, I hope we can all enjoy these last few months and really see how much God truly blesses us. This is his work. I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment