Monday, January 9, 2017

Season 3 Episode 2: Beautiful Blessings

Well, another week has passed away. Hopefully you all had an enjoyable week! I know I did! It is an incredible blessing to realize and see all the blessings from the Lord!

So, I figured out this week that Elder Shum and I are reopening this area after it has been closed for the past 4-5 months. I have no idea why it was closed but, I am glad we have the chance to reopen it and start out fresh. 

This week was pretty tough. Mainly because of the language. Everyone out here speaks so much quicker and quieter than the people in Tutuila. So, pretty much I have had no idea what has been going on this entire week! Honestly, I could spend this email complaining about things but, I would rather talk about the blessings. We have picked up a few investigators one of which is Tina. She is 22 and is married to a member. We had the chance to begin teaching her and she said she would get baptized this Saturday! It is really exciting to already see a baptism within the first week. We also have been working with ward members a lot. We have got a bunch of Referrals from the ward and a lot of the referrals have turned into really promising investigators. We will begin teaching most of our new investigators this week! 

I am so blessed to be serving in this area. There is a lot of work that needs to be done and I know that if my companion and I stay exactly obedient and humble to the will of the Lord we will be able to do the work that he has in store for us. The people here are extremely kind. They are all so willing to help me learn the language. Which is another big blessing. I also came to realize this week that I just need to speak the language. It doesn't matter if the people can't understand me. As long as I am trying and learning from my mistakes. I am so excited to see what will happen in this area. It is such a blessing to be serving the Lord and representing his Son, Jesus Christ. 

I love this gospel and I know its true! It is hard work but, it is so rewarding! Becoming fully converted to this gospel takes a lot of work and a lot of time. But, nothing feels better than being on the path that leads to becoming truly converted! I hope you all have a great and safe week! I miss you guys like crazy! 

Elder Barton

P.s. I ate Pig brain and Pig intestine this week! Pretty good but, also pretty gross! 










No comments:

Post a Comment