Monday, January 23, 2017

Season 3 Episode 4: Breaking Chairs, Breaking New Ground

A lot to write about this week but, not enough time to write about everything in detail so here we go:

Alright, first off we had a District Meeting with President and His Wife and the Ap's this week at Le Uaina which is this resort right on the beach! (Possible vacation?) It was a great meeting that left me feeling very inspired and empowered. However, President wanted to do interviews after the meeting. I was the first one to talk with President. He asked me if everything was going alright with Elder ____ and I. (Pause and flash back to last week) Last week I figured out that Elder ____ had been calling and texting a girl from our Area. I ended up confronting him and he told me he would stop and he did. However, during the interview I felt like I needed to bring it up so I did. President called over the Zone Leaders and Elder _____ and we dealt with it right there. Well, Elder ____ ended up telling me how he wanted to punch me in the face and then stopped talking to me for two days straight. Now, he is perfectly fine with me. I don't know everyone says that Samoan companions are super sensitive. But, all I know is I did the right thing. 

Next, we had a lesson with one of our investigators Sina who wants to get baptized but, we are just waiting for her marriage. Anyway, we went to her house with a member named Taia'i who is pretty big. We started Lesson 2 and 10 minutes into the lesson the chair just busts and Taia'i and I just fall to the ground. Oh my gosh it was so funny haha. We just sat there and Sina just looked at us and didn't say anything. So we just pulled up two new chairs and finished the lesson.

The following we day we started lesson 2 with our investigator Fanene. The lesson ends and I go to stand up and I but my had on this wooden "wall" Its really just a wooden frame with X support. If that makes sense. So, I put my hand on the X and as I am standing up the X just busts and I fall back to the ground. Super hilarious. Everything is good though. Just super funny.

Also, everyone here breastfeeds in public. I can't tell you how many people I have seen breastfeeding since I have gotten here (Right in the middle of lessons). By the start of the week I was super weirded out but, now it is just a normal thing haha. 

The thunder out here is insane. We had a small thunder storm last night and it was shaking the entire house. Wish you could have experienced it. 

I am truly blessed to be working in this area. There is so much work that needs to be done. We have to baptisms this week. Two of our investigators Puna and Sieni! They are both really solid investigators and they have been keeping their commitments. I am so happy to see another two of Gods daughters enter into the waters of Baptism. 

I am really trying to help my companion become exactly obedient. I know that if we really just start living the rules to the fullest we could be so much more effective in this area. Hopefully, I am not making my Companion sound bad. He really isn't and I know that there are plenty of things I need to work on myself. 

Anyway, I hope you have all had a great week. Sounds like you are all getting a bunch of snow! Miss you guys like crazy and I am always using you guys as my motivation! Love you all so much! Have a great week! 

Elder Barton
















No comments:

Post a Comment