As of right now we have two more investigators Puna and Sceni who are on date to be baptized on the 28th of this month. They are both pretty familiar with the Church and have members within their families. Puna just recently went through a divorce and was very interested about the Plan of Salvation! She is also keeping our commitments which is great! Sceni is the same as Puna but without the divorce. Her husband is the one that is making things difficult because for some reason he doesn't want her to join the church. But, when we taught her the second lesson and asked her to be baptized she said yes. We are still continuing to pray for her husband! Hopefully, he will see the light in his wife and want to make a change himself. Seriously, even though I can probably only understand 20% of what's going on and I can't express my feelings and thoughts which is super frustrating at times especially since I have been out for 6 months. At times I feel really disconnected from our investigators and feel like it wouldn't even make a difference if I was there or not. But, I know where those thoughts are coming from and I have to have faith that the Lord has put me in this area at this time with a specific purpose. I truly am so grateful and blessed to be serving a mission in Samoa. These people are so kind and so loving. I have been so inspired to become more like my Savior throughout these last 6 months. I wish I could put it into words how awesome the mission is. The ups, the downs, the sacrifices, the blessings, everything. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world! This gospel truly does bring Real happiness and I love sharing it with these people!
I am so grateful for you guys, my family. You guys are one of the biggest motivators I have out here. I hope you are all doing well and you are all praying and reading the scriptures! I love you all and miss you all but, honestly I will see you guys in no time at all! Have a great week!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment