Investigators:
Dylan: Dylan is 13 and lives in Tafatafa. One night we were at fafaga and we were all out of investigators. Nek Minut The wife of the family just points to Dylan and says "E Le papatiso Ia. Faamolemole amata lana lesona ma papatiso ia." Which means He isn't baptized, please start his lessons and baptize him. Dylan is so awesome! I love him. Even though he is only 13 he loves taking the lessons and he really shares what he is feeling and he really wants to follow our Savior Jesus Christ! He will get baptized this Sunday! His Mom lives in NZ right now and he is currently waiting for all of his immigration stuff to go to his Mom. Another Tender Mercy from the Lord!
Toe: Toe is 10 and has very bad ADHD. We love teaching her. It is always full of laughs and constantly trying to keep her focused. Her lessons are always very short. But, she has such a great spirit! I sent a few pictures of her last week! She will be getting baptized this Saturday! Love teaching Toe!
Miniati Jr.: Miniati Jr is 10 also. He was a referral from the ward! Apparently he was living in a different village with his parents but, they moved back here just last week. The husband is LDS and the wife is not. So, when they moved here to Vaovai with the husbands family the Grandma told Miniati Jr's Mom that he is going to get baptized. We figured out the Minati Jr's Mom is baptized but, doesn't got to church anymore. Anyway, Miniati Jr is awesome! We taught him last night and we finished the lesson he asked us when we do the next lesson if we can make it longer! What?! These kids are awesome! He asks really good questions too! Like "Why Was Jesus Christ Born?" or "Who wrote the Book of Mormon?" and other questions like that! He will be getting baptized next week Saturday!
Fitu: Fitu is 9 and he is one of the sweetest kids I have ever met. He is super shy but, very polite and respectful. We have only taught him the first lesson but, we will be baptizing him next week Saturday as well because he always goes to church with his Grandma! His Mom is a member but, very inactive!
P.s. Teaching kids is my favorite thing to do! They are so innocent and so Christ Like!
Right now we also have 5 promising referrals that we will be contacting this week! We are praying that the Lord will continue to bless us to help us find those who are ready to accept his gospel! We have been so blessed in this area and I continue to pray that we can help these people come back our Savior.
Area:
Right now we cover 4 wards and our area is giant! Love it! We cover Tafatafa, Vaovai, Saleilua 1st and 2nd! Love the people! Really solid area and really great members and non members.
We also were visited by the Ap's earlier this week and they were asking about our area and stuff. Elder Reid asks "You guys have such a big area but, only 3 investigators why?" He ended up talking a lot about faith and using the members. Later that night we attended a ward council and got 2 referrals and the next day picked up 3 new investigators. I am very grateful for the Ap's and the advice they gave us. I was also glad to see that we can always be striving to do better! Really hoping this week goes really well!
Tomorrow our whole zone is going to Apia to have a meeting with President and the Ap's. So excited! Firstly, because I never get to see President and Secondly, I just know it is going to be super spiritual and help Me out personally. Help the Companionship and the area! Really excited for tomorrow!
I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve and represent our Savior Jesus Christ! I am also so grateful the Lord continues to bless and protect all of you while I am away! I hope you know I am always praying for you guys! Dad, Mom, Trevor, Nichole, Jeremy, Mason, Julie, and Bridger! Oh! And The lil Pipsqueak inside Nichole! You guys this Church brings nothing but happiness and peace! We have all experienced it! Never be afraid to share it! Love you guys and hope you have a great week!
Well catch you later Mate!
Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment