Okay, I know these past 2 weeks have been kind of off and really short emails. So, I read all of your emails and now before I respond to them I will just send out this big email to the Family. Lot's of things have happened over these past two weeks. To Start off Last Thursday I was transferred. Hence the title of the email "LotoPa" We had just came back to the house for a quick lunch when our Zone Leaders called and told Elder David and I to pack our bags because they would be arriving at the house in 1 1/2 hours! Plenty of time to pack and say goodbye to the ward and recent converts right?! It was quite a shock... actually not really... it is so normal for things like this to happen out here in the Samoa, Apia mission! Anyway, so I am here in Lotopa with Elder Olamaleva. You know that one Elder I went on splits with for a week while Elder David was here in Lotopa healing his arm? Weird right haha! Oh! Elder Tiatia is my Zone Leader! It was really good to see my trainer! He is such a great Elder!
The area I am in right now is super close to the Temple. I am in the city area. It is so different here! Everyone is so fia Palagi (Want to be White) They all speak English have Palagi homes, lot's of delicious food that you can't get in backside Upolu. You know things like that. It was quite and still is quite the shock for me to be here. But, I love it here. Especially our investigators. We were able to have some very powerful lessons this week. We had a really powerful lesson with our investigator Vaiga'au yesterday. We taught him Lesson 2 and all sudden we just saw this light click for him and he just started asking all these questions and when we would explain it he would just laugh and smile because he was so happy and the Plan of Salvation gave him so much hope! Wish you guys could have been there to experience it! It was an awesome lesson full of the spirit. We had a few other really good lessons as well!
One thing I feel like I have been lacking on in my weekly letters is spiritual experiences. Well, these last 2 weeks have been pretty tough. Just, kind of personally tough. Guess you could call my mid-mission crisis. However, I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven for these past two weeks. It is really hard to explain through an email and words what has happened over these two weeks but, I just want you all to know with all of my heart that I KNOW GOD LIVES, His Plan is Perfect, No matter where we are at in our life, no matter how lost we feel or how alone we feel, God will always be there. I am so grateful for the Atonement as well. I have really been trying to personalize the Atonement of Jesus Christ lately and honestly it is the most beautiful/precious gift anyone could ever receive. The Healing and Comfort that comes through this gift is so incredible and Unique. I encourage you all to personalize the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Every time I testify of this gospel I just feel so happy. Especially when I share my testimony with you guys, my family. I am so grateful for these past two weeks and the trials I was able to have. In fact it is kind of perfect timing since I am almost at my Year mark. It has changed my entire perspective of what I want to do in this Last year and who I want to become! I am so grateful for our Father in Heaven who allows us to struggle in order to grow. I really do love this gospel and I love you guys as well. Grateful for all of your prayers, thoughts, and emails. You guys are the fighting force behind everything I do. I love you all so much! Can't believe how fast time is flying! Hope you all have a great week!
Love, Elder Barton
No comments:
Post a Comment